Resources for Waterkeeper Organizations
Waterkeeper Alliance provides a wealth of benefits to Waterkeeper organizations in the form of expert advice and strategic planning, discounts and other shared resources.
- Participate in our Pure Farms, Pure Waters, Polluted Runoff and The Dirty Lie campaigns, including campaign-specific toolkits and templates.
- Gain access to more than 2,500 files of briefs, journal articles and scientific studies on the Private Waterkeeper Network.
- Get help building grassroots support for your own campaigns, including letters of support and legal, legislative, scientific and engineering assistance in writing public comments, reviewing environmental impact statements, and more.
Capacity Building & Organizational Development
- Temporary fiscal sponsorship.
- Waterkeeper branding and trademark protection.
- Letters of support and recommendation for funding opportunities.
- New Waterkeeper orientation at annual conference.
- Strategic, small-business and fundraising planning.
- Discounts on marine insurance, directors and officers insurance, monitoring equipment and media organizations.
- 1-year membership to River Network (U.S. based Waterkeeper Organizations only).
- Profile on http://www.waterkeeper.org/.
- Template press releases and editorial assistance.
- Coverage of your victories in Waterkeeper Magazine and on our blog, facebook, and CauseCast sites.
Mentoring & Networking
- Access to our movement-wide, regional and issue-specific listservs.
- Waterkeeper mentor.
- Waterkeeper Alliance staff liaison.
- Annual conference.
- Regional meetings.
- Voice on the Waterkeeper Alliance Board of Directors via an elected Regional Representative.
Waterkeeper Alliance is continuously seeking free and discounted products and services for Waterkeeper organizations. Our current discount programs include:
- Directors and officers liability insurance
- Marine insurance
- Media assistance
- Monitoring equipment
- Stormwater short courses
Temporary Fiscal Sponsorship
In some cases, Waterkeeper Alliance can act as your fiscal sponsor while you wait for your charitable designation determination. A fiscal sponsorship legal agreement allows you to raise tax-deductible funds and apply for grants while your application for charitable status is reviewed.