Legal, Legislative, Scientific and Engineering Assistance
Waterkeeper Alliance’s team of experts in environmental law, science and engineering, and community organizing is available to provide customized assistance for your Waterkeeper organization’s needs. We draw on the collective experiences of the movement as well as a network of outside authorities on water resource protection to help you:
· collaboratively develop a targeted campaign for your watershed, including legal and legislative strategies and building grassroots support;
· comment on proposed rules, regulations, permits, and environmental impact statements;
· work through legal questions and connect you with legal assistance in your community;
· create a monitoring program tailored to your watershed’s needs;
· improve the sustainability of your office and upcoming events.
Waterkeeper Alliance also periodically comments on pending rules and legislation of national and international importance. The effectiveness of our work is only as strong as our movement, so be on the alert for email notices to sign on to these critical comments.